This is what we did:
5) Wrote a thank you e-mail to our pastor.
6) Helped a friend paint her bedroom.
7) Wrote a praising note to my favorite blogger.
8) Gave a friend a ride to work.
9) Helped grade papers in my daughter’s class.
10) I woke up early (that’s huge for me!) to wish Son #4 a great day as he went off to middle school!
11) I cuddled with my daughters to wake them up (instead of shaking them and yelling at them to “GET OUT OF BED!”)
12) Put an extra dessert in my daughters’ lunch boxes with a love note from Mom.
13) Wrote a nice, complimentary note to a long lost friend.
14) Gave a cold water bottle to the school crossing guard.
15) Left kind notes on random cars.
16) Gave a kind note and extra large tip to our very kind waiter after breakfast. (He heated up my coffee mug before I poured my tea in…what a great idea!)
17) Anonymously bought breakfast for what looked like a grandfather and his three grandchildren and left a nice note in place of the bill.
18) Left a large tip for the very helpful and beautiful waitress who was in cahoots with us with #17!
19) Donated clothes to Goodwill.
20) Placed flowers on gravesites that didn’t have any. I saw the headstone of a week-old baby. I said a prayer for the parents. I can’t imagine the pain.
21) Brought shopping carts from the parking lot back into the grocery store.
22) Let cars cut in front of me in line who needed to get over(including a huge gas truck).
23) Gave away 2 Barnes and Noble giftcards.
24) Gave a paid carwash ticket to a visitor from Montana.
25) Bought Bruegger’s Bagels and coffee for our neighborhood EMS station. They were just leaving on a call so we had a little excitement during our morning. I said a prayer for whoever they were headed to.
26) Put single dollar bills with a sticky note that read “Keep on Reading!” with a smiley face into 20 kids’ books at the public library. We tried to do it at Barnes & Nobel but they said it wasn’t cool.
27) Paid for a woman’s lunch.
28) $1.00 worth of quarters taped to vending machines at the park.
29) Gave a cold water bottle to a UPS man. He was very appreciative!
30) Gave a sweet young lady two Walmart gift cards. She asked me why I would do this and I told her it was my birthday. She said it was her brother’s birthday today, too. Great day to be born! I cried walking out of the store. My boys laughed at me!
31) Returned Walmart shopping carts to the store.
32) Picked up kids from the busstop and brought them home when it was raining!
33) Put quarters on Coke and water bottle machines in Walmart.
34) Gave our sweet mail lady a water bottle, a thank you card, and a Goodberry’s frozen custard gift card.
35) Gave my daughters’ bus driver a Coldstone Creamery gift card and a thank you for keeping them safe.
36) Bought Chick-fil-a lunch for the football coaches after Son #3’s football practice.
37) Helped tutor kids in math.
38) Gave a large tip to our waitress at lunch.
39) Opened the door for a woman with an orthopedic boot on her foot.
40) Made a cashier at the grocery store smile 🙂
41) Picked up trash.
42) Sent birthday wishes to three of my friends who share the same birthday as me 🙂
43) Gave lollipops to the kids when they got off the bus after school.
44) Donated hot dogs buns and bottled water for a football party.
45) Opened a door for an elderly woman and her daughter.
46) Made a phlebotomist laugh while she was taking blood from me (I should get a medal for this one!!) Also, offered to bring her breakfast but she declined. She had already eaten 🙁
47) Helped Son #1 move out of his apartment.
48) Son #4 helped out a girl that dropped her gym bag.
49) I thanked each of my children for being in my life and making my life so wonderful!!! I thanked them for putting up with all my crazy ideas (i.e. Random Acts of Kindness on my birthday!) and helping me anyways.
What a wonderful couple of days! I wish I could do Random Acts of Kindness every day! I was touched more than anyone I was supposed to have touched during this adventure.
I cried a lot!! I prayed a lot for opportunities to be a positive in someone’s life. I hope I was.
WHAT A GREAT BIRTHDAY!!!
Thanks for joining in the fun.
Linking up to Family Ever After Cre8 + 2 = Me and You Contest